Senior Back-end Java / Kotlin Developer
Verlabs is a pioneer Mobile & Digital Marketing Agency specializing in the design and implementation of bespoke solutions for its clients. We use mathematics, advertising, creativity and technology to optimize simple ideas by focusing on results. We pride ourselves on the quality of our human resources, our philosophy and workplace atmosphere.
Our solutions, including second screen applications, reward programs, social media campaigns and retention tools, are based on gamification and interactivity and designed with enthusiasm, innovative thinking and impeccable client service, helping our clients meet their objectives.
We are currently looking for several Senior Back-end Java / Kotlin Developers to join our ever-growing team. As a Senior Java/Kotlin Developer, you will play a key role in multidisciplinary teams providing crucial insight on API, databases, modeling and business logic and driving projects to successful and impactful delivery.
If you are a passionate professional and you are looking for an exciting and challenging role in a friendly and dynamic environment, then we would like to meet you!
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Develop elegant, maintainable, testable, and reusable code
- Develop enterprise driven cloud-based and mobile-based applications
- Develop enhancements to existing software lines as well as design and develop new ones
- Define metrics and indicators on the project’s health
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements, and ensure application meets functional requirements; produce and maintain product documentation
- Contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, implementation, and unit testing
- Interface with business domain experts and advise on best technology guidelines
- Ensure technical integrity and quality control consistency throughout the development life cycle
- Build modern and performant RESTful APIs that will serve clients running on diverse OSes and architectures
- Diagnose software related issues and investigate alternatives for architectural review
- Mentor Junior Developers by reviewing code and sharing knowledge
- Participate in stand-up meetings with your team(s) members and Project(s) Managers
- Stay up-to-date on the cutting-edge technology trends and help introduce them where appropriate
- Be able to navigate through ambiguity and solve complex problems
Compensation Package & Benefits:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related experience
- 5+ years of proven experience in Java/Kotlin development
- Solid technical understanding of the recent versions of the Java Language (v8 up to 14) - Modeling, Collections, Generics, MultiThreading
- Strong Experience on the Spring.io stack - Spring Core, Boot2, Data, Cloud, Security
- Experience utilizing Microservices architecture - Netflix OSS
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Strong experience in relational DBs - MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Experience in other data storage solutions like MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Experience in the Hadoop ecosystem is a strong plus
- Experience on Linux OS - Debian, Ubuntu or any other distro
- Solid background of agile development - Scrum semantics
- Knowledge of Functional Programming Patterns
- Strong understanding of CI/CD flows
- Understand process and deliverables associated with each systems life cycle phases
- Knowledge of backend optimization and performance techniques
- Proven development of innovative and impactful software solutions
- Highly proficient technical writing capabilities
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently
- Ability to travel to our client’s local offices around the world
- Prospective of being part of a friendly, dynamic and passionate team
- Opportunity to learn and grow within one of the most competitive industries globally
- Competitive salary
- Private Insurance plan
If this looks like the right job for you, apply and build your future @ Verlabs!
We are an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.